Civic Hall, Ballarat
Ballarat’s Civic Hall was originally opened on 20 August 1956, a grand new civic meeting space to replace the deteriorating Alfred Hall, which closed its doors for the last time on the same day.
One of the first Steel framed buildings outside Melbourne, using over 580,000 bricks and timber from the Otways measuring over 12 foot.
The building fell in to disrepair after 2002. After many years of campaigning “Save Civic Hall” the Hall has now been fully restored and re opened by the Mayor on 1st March 2019 after being derelict for over 16 years.
For this project we carried out the following works:
- Construction and installation of Concrete walling used to form retaining walls for planting and turfing.
- Construction and installation of Concrete seating areas.
- Construction and installation of Blue Stone paving.
- Resin Bonded Paving.
- Planting of Mature Specimen Palm Trees.
- Soft planting, turfing and mulching.