The Lake at Daylesford was originally considered in the 1890’s but was not created until 1929 and officially opened in 1930. Being close to various Mineral springs it grew in popularity for all ages.
The original building ‘the Boathouse’ was built soon after the lake in the early 1930’s and the café added in the 1990’s. Unfortunately the historical ‘Boathouse café’ was burnt down on the 8th December 2012. A new building has been built and opened in December 2014.
We were involved in the new Landscaping and refurbishment of the Lake and surrounding area’s.
For this project we carried out the following works:
- Supply and installation of Gabion Walls used to form retaining walls helping to create new levels and paths down to the waters edge.
- A new Sand beach to be formed leading down to the water and under the water.
- Concrete steps leading from the Boathouse down to the waters edge.
- Granite sand paths leading from the Boathouse past the waters edge down to the Mineral springs.
- Upright reclaimed Railway sleepers creating architectural structures.
- Soft planting and mulching.
- Turfing of open areas by the Boathouse.